Saturday, November 17, 2012

1 Peter 1:10-12 "Concerning this salvation the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories. It was revealed to them that they were serving not themselves but you in the things that have now been announced to you through those who preached the good new to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven, things into which angels long to look."

The Gospel: it's all about grace and it is something glorious!  As I sat through a planning meeting for our prison ministry today, I was reminded again that its not about me, but rather about serving others. That is exactly what the prophets learned here too. When we have the chance to minister to others we are to do so in service to them.  And what is the best way to serve them? With the Gospel.

The Gospel is glorious and beautiful. Something that the angels long to see. We have such a gift of God's unfathomable grace in the Gospel. The question becomes: am I living out the Gospel every day in all that I do? That should be my goal- to love those around me everyday with the grace of the Gospel. Imagine how our world would change if we all did just that!


No comments:

Post a Comment