Tuesday, November 20, 2012

1 Peter 1:13

1 Peter 1:13 "Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ."

How do I prepare my mind for action? Simple. I spend time in God's word and also work on memorizing it. Sober-minded. This is no light task. We are in a war. A spiritual war. We need to be at the top of our game. Ready to act at any moment. Ready to take a stand for Him. To be a light shining in this dark world.

At the same time I need to keep my hope fully on the grace that comes through Jesus Christ. When our hope is in Him and the grace He gives us, nothing can prevail against us! They keep is to keep our minds focused on the promises we find in His word.

As my pastor said this past Sunday, "Our circumstances don't change the promises of God."-Scott Reavely.

Hold tight to that in which is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment