Sunday, November 11, 2012

1 Peter 1:1-2

I realized recently that it had been quite a while since I had written anything on here. So much has transpired in the time since I last wrote something, and at the same time, it feels as though nothing has changed! Interesting how life works out like that sometimes. While there are many aspects of my journey that are different, I to write about one of them.

I continue to volunteer in the local woman's prison out here. I love it. So much. One of my ladies was challenged by the Spirit to make sure that she was spending time in God's word every day. So each month we set up a different Bible reading plan. Starting today we're going to be going through the book of 1 Peter. The plan is to read each day until we are pricked by the Spirit with something from the word. I want to share the lessons that I'm learning as I go through the book. Today, I only made it through the first two verses. Here is what the Holy Spirit placed on my heart...

1 Peter 1:1-2 "Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ. To those who are elect exiles of the dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you." (ESV)

Sometimes we find ourselves at a point in life where we are exiled. It's not always by choice, but rather sometimes that is where God has placed us. He knew it would happen. Through it we will be sanctified, changed, drawn ever closer to our Lord and Savior. How? If we live our lives in obedience to him. That is where we'll find grace and peace- in Christ alone- no matter what our circumstances.

The question becomes, am I rebelling against where I am in life? Or am I embracing the journey and allowing God to freely work in my life? I have a choice to make. I'm choosing to embrace this point in my life as a gift from God, to allow Him to work in and through me in any way that He chooses. To fall more in love with Him and to hopefully point others to Him at the same time.

Grace and Peace to you my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment