Sunday, January 8, 2012

Never Alone

Do you ever have that feeling like you're alone? That no one understands what you're going through? Or that they are avoiding you simply b/c the weight of your problem is too much for them? That's how I've been feeling a lot lately. As though I was alone. Drowning in the silence of my life that is actually screaming from all directions. That my bipolar has pushed people away b/c I'm exhausting to be around. This couldn't be further from the truth.

As my roommate and I were watching Kung Fu Panda 1 & 2 last night my thoughts went racing (which is completely normal for bipolar II). One of the many lessons to be found in the movie is that of believing in yourself. That you are special. You are special b/c God created you just the way you are. My identity is not found in being bipolar, my identity is in Christ. And with Him, I am never alone. Heb. 13:5 "...I will never leave you nor forsake you."

It's important too to remember that you are not a burden. Sometimes your life may feel overwhelming, but Jesus is not overwhelmed. Most friends are not overwhelmed. In reality they just need to know how to pray for you. And if you need to dump all the junk your feeling on someone, try Christ. He is right there waiting for you. Matthew 11:28-30 " Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle adn lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Remember that you are special and that you always have someone waiting and willing to listen and share in the burden of what you're feeling in Christ. It's as simple as that. Truly. I often forget, but it truly is that simple. I also wanted to share a song with you. It's by Matt Redman called Never Once. The words have been like a salve to my soul lately as I try to remember the simple truth that I'm not alone in all this.


No comments:

Post a Comment